So whats new?
Definitely some trend setting new features on the 6s. Here are the key upgrades and my thoughts on them.
– 4k Video recording: Overkill but very welcome, as long as it doesn’t eat up too much space. Hope they still have an option to record 720/1080.
– 3D Touch: Brilliant addition. Will change the way we interact with our iPhones, if all goes well and there are no bugs, this will definitely make us more efficient, lesser changing of screens to do tasks on a single app. Opens up numerous possibilities.
– 64 bit processing. End user wont feel the benefits of this but developers will. 64 bit equals better applications.
– 12 Megapixel i Sight camera (This, after 4 generations of just having 8 mega pixel): Need I say more?
– Live Photos, basically its like having an animated GIF built in every photo. How cool is that. New way to enjoy instagram for sure!
Initial Conclusion: I think these changes matter and this is an even more exciting upgrade compared to going from the 5s to the 6. Makes me want to finally force my hands to work with the 6s Plus to enjoy that 4k video and live photos.
Check out these cool videos from Apple!
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
So the only thing that’s change is: